Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. As a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Offering over 1 million accommodation options worldwide in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts is at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels.
Technology is not just what we do—it’s at the heart of who we are. From IT professionals managing hundreds of millions of data points to market managers building relationships with hotels to PR specialists networking with media around the globe, Agoda.com delivers an exciting, fast-paced environment in every one of our 36 locations worldwide.
Our workforce of over 2,800 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe is truly one of our biggest strengths. We pride ourselves on a dynamic, workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. A positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often is what keeps our team spirit high, and we encourage communication to be open, frequent, and constructive.
We choose people who are dedicated to making things great, who are able to push boundaries, and who understand that cutting-edge products come from cutting-edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we—but we have a great time doing it.
Journey with us.Are you the Sr Software Developer (Fullstack/Python/DevOps) we're looking for?
Design and develop software for supporting the life-cycle of infrastructure services at scale that helps drive efficiency in our core infrastructure including bare-metal/cloud, systems monitoring and metrics etc.
Work with stakeholders (infrastructure management/team members, software development managers, database operations teams) to gather requirements and develop software/tools to support the needs of the business.
Proactively document and train operations staff on the tools developed.
Look for opportunities to build tools/automation to allow for a hands off approach to operations.How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- You have a strong desire to learn and keep up with the latest technologies and stay ahead of the curve.
- The mindset of a team player is expected, as well as experience collaborating with developers and operations in DevOps enabled environments.
- Experience working in a large enterprise organization and dynamic environment.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time.
- Self-motivated, approachable, and adaptable and have excellent communication skills - both written and verbal English is a must.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills; a good sense of humor is always a plus.
Compensation and perks
- At least 3 years’ software development experience with Python or has experience in a similar language and can transition to Python.
- Experienced in scripting such as Bash, Python, Powershell etc.
- Good knowledge of web development frameworks (front/back end), programming libraries and protocols such as Django, Flask, JQuery, HTML, CSS, AJAX, RESTful APIs etc
- Familiarity with database development/administration.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch or Cassandra would be beneficial).
- Knowledge of OpenStack operation and its API’s is advantageous.
- Systems/DevOps knowledge/experience in: Linux/Unix/Windows.
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible and Salt Stack).
- General Networking (switches, routing).
- Monitoring services (Sensu, Nagios, Logstash, Graphite).
- Virtualization/Containerzation (KVM/Docker/LXC).
- Understanding of Auth/Directory services.
- Understanding of Storage (RAID etc).
- Provident fund.
- Full relocation package for you and your family (including, flights, 20 ft container, pet relocations and 1 month free accommodation).
- Private Medical cover.
- Hotel discount scheme.
- Casual dress.
- Hotel discount scheme Quarterly drinks, annual parties and monthly social activities.
- Offices in one of the most desirable locations in Bangkok.