Are you currently working as a Systems Analyst, looking to advance in your career?
Do you have experience in web based technologies?
Are you proficient in SQL?
Our Client is seeking to recruit a Systems Analyst, to form part of its dynamic IT department. The successful candidate needs to be a highly motivated individual who takes initiative in both analysing and proposing user friendly systems, finding and applying solutions to challenges that come across.
The Systems Analyst will be working on a variety of existing systems requiring maintenance as well as new systems.
Work activities depend on the size and nature of the employing organisation and the focus of clients' business demands, but typically involve:
- analysing existing systems and business models;
- mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems;
- understanding software development lifecycle;
- translating requirements into highly specified project briefs;
- identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability;
- conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems;
- working closely with colleagues, mainly developers, testing and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
- drawing up, supervising and documenting testing schedules for complete systems;
- overseeing implementation of new systems including data migration;
- planning and working flexibly to deadlines;
- supporting users on change control and system updates;
- providing training and writing user manuals;
- keeping abreast with technical and industry developments.
Mindset & Skills set:
- Unified Modelling Language (UML);
- Web-based technologies.
- University Degree or Higher National Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 yearsâ experience in a similar post.
- fast learner;
- contributing to team effort;
- a logical and analytical approach to problem solving;
- good interpersonal and user-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail;
- business awareness;
- a methodical, investigative and inquisitive mind;
- presentation skills;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- planning and negotiating skills;
- initiative and self-confidence;
- an interest in the way organisational processes work