Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travelers and the accommodation partners.
We are not afraid to experiment, think big or aim high!
Based in the beautiful city of Amsterdam, our technology department is over 1500 strong.
We believe that diversity makes us stronger – with over 60 different nationalities in the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and develop your career in a multicultural environment.
As well as working independently, you will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team and across teams/sub departments. Our development strategy is agile and we work in small Scrum teams of 5-7. We do several code rollouts every day, are data-driven and do extensive A/B testing on both user and partner facing platforms.
As a Team Lead in the Booking.com Technology Department, you will be supporting and facilitating the work of a multidisciplinary development team.
You are hands-on, you are technical and you understand that behind any technical decision there is a business need to be fulfilled.
You are focused on developing and growing the people in your team, you lead by example and care about the team performance.
- Facilitate an agile development team (small team of 4 – 6 people)
- Identify and grow talents, provide feedback and look after people’s personal development
- Assess individual and team performance, recognize and promote excellent performance, and address under-performance
- Focus on supporting the business priorities, be pragmatic about technology choices
- Collaborate with the team and Product Owner to prioritize the projects
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems
- Solve issues with the site and internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- Experience with managing development teams, with at least one year in a leadership role
- Minimum of 4 years software development experience; using 2 or more server side programming languages
- Previous experience with distributed systems
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Independent, pragmatic and proactive work attitude
- Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base is an advantage
- Preferably a university degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high-scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture
- Utilizing technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promoting and driving impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioral, and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
This position is open to worldwide candidates and, in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
Please apply via our website with your English CV. We are looking forward to hearing from you!