What you’ll do:
You’ll provide expertise and direction to the Horse Racing squad, making hands-on technical contributions and end-customer delivery as the Technical Owner, helping to influence the current and future direction of the Tribe through the decisions you drive.
How you’ll do it:
- Working alongside the Product Owner of Horse Racing, you will be jointly responsible for providing the direction for the Squad. You will consider the needs of the business when deciding the technical direction for the Squad and work together to prioritise accordingly.
- You will provide demonstrable significant strength and technical clout in at least some of the core technologies and tools the Horse Racing Squad uses, across the stack: React and other JS/HTML/CSS for client-side, Node and PHP for server-side, Kubernetes, AWS, Docker and Jenkins for deployment. You will put these skills into practice both directly and in consultation with the Squad’s engineers.
- You will work closely and practically with the Engineers of all specialities (Software, Test, Ops) in the squad to guide and coach the Squad to success, using your technical expertise to lay down the best practices and aims for the future.
- As part of the Tribe’s technical leadership team, you will influence the technical direction for the Tribe as a whole and consider this in the decisions you make for your Squad.
- You will provide hands-on skills in analysis, elaboration, implementation, test and deployment.
How we work:
- The Horse Racing Squad works closely with a variety of people across the business who care about what is best for our customers betting on the 1500+ meetings that take place throughout the year. The Racing calendar helps us work towards Skybet’s busiest day of the year – the Grand National – and we all understand and work for our customers first and foremost.
- As a Squad, we work collaboratively and respectfully to make decisions. As Tech Lead, it is your responsibility to provide direction to the squad, but decisions will be made as the final stage after discussion with the Squad, not in isolation.
- We use Kanban to help us deliver what is needed at the time it is needed. Each item of work is a collective endeavour and it is the Squad’s job to deliver each ticket. We respond to change positively and we welcome improvement.
- Our successes are celebrated together, our challenges are worked through and learned from together.
- In Bet Tribe, all technologists have Friday afternoons dedicated to Learning and Development to use as they want towards their self-set career goals. Coupled with the Tech Ninja fund of £1,000 a year to spend on learning, we have a growth mentality at our core.
What we can offer you…
This is a chance to join one of the highest-performing teams in the industry. We will challenge you, support you, teach you and are keen for you to teach us.
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people.
We also offer an attractive relocation package for candidates that live outside the Yorkshire region, including those outside the UK.