Talan USA is the American subsidiary of Talan, French consulting firm with more than 2000 employees worldwide, and locations on eight countries (four continents).
In 2017 and for the 3rd consecutive year, Talan has been recognized with the “Great Place to Work” award. Talan USA offers employees a dynamic work environment, growth opportunities and a competitive compensation package, including a generous paid time off, health plans and 401K plan.
Each Talan consultant join one of our two divisions: IT Consulting or Business Consulting and will be working at our client sites. Our success is measured by both our employees and clients’ satisfaction, which is our priority.Context
We are looking for a Technical Front Office Support Consultant for one of our client, a major Corporate and Investment Bank.
The “Global Markets” department of our client delivers solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support Linux servers, use scripting commands to connect to the server and analyze processes
- Carry out server performance analysis and investigate connection issues
- Improve network communication
- Develop, modify and support python, bash and shell scripts
- Automate in Python and bash all manual processes and materials in a Front Office team
- Interact with local and onshore (Paris, UK, HK) teams directly for requirement gathering. Discuss the requirement with team and estimate the timeline
- Ensure that all the development and documentation protocols have been followed
- Communicate with end users (traders) and adjust to their business requirements
Technical Skill Set:
- Master's degree
- Development and support in Python
- Scripting in Bash or shell
Required Education and Experience:
- 1-5 years’ experience
- Be curious and interested by the problematics encountered within the job
- Wanting to understand the full project
Talan’s offices are located in Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan.
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- Eight paid holidays
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as sick and personal days, transit benefits and perks.