Yousician is the largest and fastest-growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish startup, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place! For those joining us from abroad, we'll sponsor the necessary visas and permits.Are you the UI Developer and Designer we're looking for?
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
We are looking for a UI developer and designer to be responsible for creating and improving the user interface for our app. The ideal candidate will not only be implementing code and structuring scenes and prefabs, but also be involved in designing the final UI elements and delivering the assets.
To really thrive in this role, you should have a passion for music and education as well as games. You should be able to communicate easily with other teams, designers, music teachers, and UX researchers. You will help our users learn to play instruments by creating rock-solid, intuitive, and easy-to-use user interfaces.
As part of our team, you'll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world. You'll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams. You'll get the challenges and rewards that come with working in a successful and fast growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work, so we put a lot of effort into building a creative, motivating and fun environment. We work in small efficient teams where everyone has autonomy, the freedom to make decisions, and a strong sense of ownership. We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, measure outcomes to see what works, and learn from experience.
Is this music to your ears? Then send us your application and CV (in English) and let's make the world a more musical place together! And remember, everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets a ukulele. #rockonHow we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Design and implement UI interfaces and elements ranging from menus to gameplay elements that are easy to use, intuitive, and clear for the user
- Take a user-centered and functional approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with product managers, other designers, music teachers, developers, and UX researchers
- Participate in planning sessions, product design sessions, and brainstorming sessions
Compensation and perks
- You have released at least one app as a UI developer.
- You have experience with developing in C# and Unity.
- You're proficient in graphics design software (Sketch, Adobe Illustrator).
- You have excellent skills in developing user interfaces for both desktop and mobile platforms, and experience with responsive design and UI animations.
- You can understand detailed requirements and technical constraints, and design simple and intuitive user interfaces that meet the needs and the visions of the project stakeholders.
- You have a keen eye for detail and strive to make the visual aspects look and feel great.
- You have experience using structured thinking to design solutions, and a deep understanding of simple, mobile-first, responsive design.
- You can iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- You can collaborate and communicate closely within development teams.
- Knowledge of music is not required but considered a strong asset.
- You'll get a competitive compensation package—salary, stock options, crazy perks—and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece and Thailand work-retreats.