honestbee is an online marketplace for services. We launched our operations in July 2015 in Singapore and since then have set up teams in Malaysia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Thailand, the Philippines, Japan and Indonesia.
We are Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service. We make lives easier by taking care of people's time-consuming daily chores.Are you the VP of Engineering we're looking for?
With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee. We're shooting for the stars. Three months at honestbee are like a year at any other company. Things move fast. You learn more, you accomplish more.
We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed with making online shopping more enjoyable than shopping physically. We are building products that awe and delight our customers—that’s our commitment to them!
We strongly believe in giving back to society by providing high-level training and creating flexible employment opportunities to people from all walks of life. We are looking for people who are as excited about empowering communities as we are.
We encourage our people to innovate from within and we will never ever stop experimenting and taking risks. If all that makes you buzz in excitement, come join our ambitious, strong-minded and determined team that takes both work and play seriously.
We will help you excel in your career like never before. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our employees prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places—that’s our commitment to you!How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Provide technical leadership by following and improving the current set of processes in continuous integration, test-driven development, code reviews, documentation, and agile development
- Develop effective processes and policies for people management in engineering (1:1s, 360 reviews, conflict resolution, communication and working styles)
- Be involved in fostering a culture of happiness and satisfaction for our engineers while still being able to push the team to deliver on challenging deadlines
- Plan out technical hiring requirements, improve our technical hiring processes and be a key decision maker with regards to technical hires
- Develop a growth ladder and a transparent compensation scheme in engineering
Compensation and perks
- You have at least 8 years of experience.
- You have launched a successful startup or have top agency experience.
- You work well cross-functionally and are a strong communicator.
- You have experience working with and building teams in multiple geographies.
- Details of our stack and technologies:
- APIs: Ruby on Rails
- Admin dashboards: Ruby on Rails
- Consumer web: Node.js, Express, Rendr
- Native iOS and Android for mobile apps
- Golang Services
- Amazon Web Services
- Apply and let's talk about your salary and benefits!