We are on the lookout for a VP of Engineering or someone with previous experience as CTO/Head of Development to lead the entire software development organization for one of the hottest startups in Barcelona. We have a strong Product Development team currently made out of 23 professionals with aggressive growth plans. You will report directly to the CTO and co-founder. You will have the opportunity to join the management team and lead a business with a product-first mindset and passion for technology and product quality.
- Lead Lodgify’s software development organization and provide technology leadership for all products and services offered by Lodgify
- Manage and inspire a growing team of software engineers
- Grow Lodgify’s software development team through hiring and retaining top talent
- Define the process that ensures the delivery of high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure systems
- Define, implement, and oversee a highly effective and flexible development process that delivers our product roadmap and business objectives whilst offering a collaborative welcoming environment for team members
- Work with our CTO and Tech Leads to define and deliver the technical vision for the platform
- Collaborate with other Lodgify Teams (e.g. Product Management, Marketing, Business Development, etc.) to build new features and products
- Work in strong partnership with senior product leaders to define and drive execution of the product roadmap
What you have:
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience as Engineer, either as Web Developer or as DevOps
- Experience in managing a team of engineers either as Head of Development, CTO or VP of Engineering
- Experience working for a successful tech startup and scaling the engineering team
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative technical team to perform at the highest level
- Experience and expertise in growing and scaling software development teams, including hiring, developing, and retaining top talent within the industry
- Proven ability to efficiently manage the software development life cycle in an Agile environment
- Experience in Implementing reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
- Entrepreneurial thinking and a hands-on problem solver attitude
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Very good level of English
You’ll receive a competitive salary plus a valuable stock options package, meal vouchers, private health insurance and relocation support if needed.
You will become a key player in the company with the opportunity to make an impact during a very exciting phase of our growth.
By joining us you'll become part of Lodgify's friendly international team in our bright office in the center of Barcelona.