We are on the lookout for an experienced VP of Engineering to lead the entire software development organisation for one of hottest startups in Barcelona. Together with our existing engineering manager you will manage our Product Development team made out of 20+ professionals. You will report directly to the CTO and co-founder. You will have the opportunity to join the management team and lead a business with a product-first mindset and passion for technology and product quality.
You will be in charge of:
- Lead Lodgify’s software development organization for all products and services offered by Lodgify
- Manage and inspire a growing team of software engineers
- Grow Lodgify’s software development team through hiring and retaining top talent
- Define the process that ensures the delivery of high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure systems
- Define, implement, and oversee a highly effective and flexible development process that delivers our product roadmap that achieve business objectives without compromising the quality of the code
- Align with our CTO and Tech Leads to define and deliver the technical vision for the platform
- Collaborate with other Lodgify Teams (e.g. Product Management, Marketing, Business Development, etc.) to build new features and products.
- Work in strong partnership with senior product leaders to define and drive execution of the product roadmap
- Relevant experience in managing a team of engineers either as Head of Development, CTO or VP of Engineering (in-house and remote)
- Relevant experience as an Engineer, either as a Developer or Devops
- Experience working for a successful tech startup
- Experience and expertise in growing and scaling software development teams, including hiring, developing, and retaining top talent within the industry
- Proven ability to efficiently manage the software development life cycle in an Agile environment
- Experience in Implementing reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
What you have:
- Clear understanding of what affects company culture and how to influence it
- Good understanding of the business, of the big-picture strategy and solution-oriented person
- Transparency, professionalism and strong work ethic
- Entrepreneurial thinking with a proactive ‘can do’ attitude and sense of urgency
- Empathy and very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and react fast to a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a technical team to perform at the highest level
- Very good level of English
You’ll receive a competitive salary plus a valuable stock options package, meal vouchers, private health insurance and relocation support if needed. You will become a key player in the company with the opportunity to make an impact during a very exciting phase of our growth.
By joining us you'll become part of Lodgify's friendly international team in our bright office in the center of Barcelona.
We are proud to have an international team that acknowledges a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At Lodgify, we celebrate diversity and difference, and we are strongly committed to building an inclusive environment for all our employees.
All applications, including CV & cover letter, must be submitted in English. Applications in any other language will not be considered.