Fuze is changing the way people connect and interact using our innovative visual collaboration software as a service enabling the enterprise and mobile professional with the ability to share and collaborate on any content from and to any device. With HD video and crystal clear audio that delivers two times the clarity of a standard phone call, it is just like meeting face to face. Our intuitive and powerful solution for visual communication and content collaboration is easy to use and provides a great experience that allows you to connect from any device, at any time, from anywhere in the world. Founded in 2009, we have raised funding from prestigious investors like Hermes Growth Partners, Khosla Ventures, Index Ventures, and Insight Venture Partners. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Seattle. Fuze is carving out a new category in the collaboration space and is growing rapidly and expanding their sales and technical team.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. We want to harness the power of video and high quality audio to build a meeting product that is intuitive, easy to use, reliable, elegant and above all visually stunning. This is possible only with high caliber front end developers who are passionate about the user experience.
- Develop a browser (HTML5) based Fuze experience that is on par with the native desktop and mobile clients
- Own some parts of the admin and monitoring consoles
- Provide technical leadership by advocating and evangelizing best practices for modern web app development
- Drive the architecture for all the web applications and push for greater use of HTML/CSS/JS across all clients
- Interface with the application server team to integrate the web front end with the product REST/ JSON based APIs
- Quickly jump into and solve critical production issues whenever required
- Perform code maintenance, testing, and analysis
- Work in a scrum framework to deliver at high velocity, and have the aptitude and interest to be a scrum lead if needed
- Experience with at least one MVC frameworks such as Ember or Angular.
- Familiarity with Prototype, Dojo, Backbone or Knockout is a plus.
- Knowledge of CoffeeScript or Typescript is also a plus
- Knowledge of Go is not necessary but a huge plus.
- Familiarity with responsive design concepts and design best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) and 5+ years’ experience
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environment and with a version control system like SVN or Git
- Proficient with tools for website debugging and cross browser testing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to own outcomes and results, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Creativity, flexibility, ability to multi-task and a strong desire to learn and take on new challenges is a must
A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO
In 3 months, you will have
- Finish up the current browser client and make it on par with the native client
- Develop the next set of features (which we cannot talk about publicly) for the browser experience
- Establish best practices for building web applications
- Decide on a common set of frameworks, testing and performance monitoring tools to use
In 6 months, you will have
- Rebuilt significant portions of our native client application in HTML/JS
- Developed a customer facing version of the administration and monitoring console
- Established yourself as the go to person for web technologies
- Helped hire one more person onto the team
In 12 months, you will have
- Grown to be a lead contributor in the front end redesign and implementation to create the next generation of the product
WHY YOU’LL LIKE WORKING HERE
- We are building a product that will impact 100s of millions of users every hour of their working day. This is a huge mission and we are passionate about our customers
- We are well of the ground and have traction with several important customers. You will see the real world impact of your work from the first week onwards
- You will have a lot of opportunity to learn new technologies
- We have a very talented design team and you will be working on gorgeous UI
- Fuze is a super collaborative environment and very open to new ideas
- You will be surrounded by people who are experts in their areas
- The usual startup benefits of free lunches and fun working spaces
- Full benefits and 401K
Fuze provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, or other protected veteran, marital status, familial status, age, handicap or disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, uniformed service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.